XRAY of a dobermann (acrylic on wood)
- “EXAGGERATE: If it’s sort of straight, make it very straight. If it’s slightly curved, make it very curved. It’s better to have an over exaggerated drawing, than a boring unexaggerated drawing.”
- “When drawing a pretty girl, she needs to look like a pretty girl right away, in your drawing. Making her look pretty later will never work.”
- "Did I ever tell you the story about Lenny Steckler?…"
- "RELATIONSHIPS: The big relationships will create the smaller ones. Everything has a counterpoint relationship. If you draw one side of the arm, you already know how and where to draw the other side without even looking."
- "CHEAT and look at the model."
- "Why don’t you just tie your hands behind your back and make it even harder."
- "Fixler’s Law: The iris is always half the size you drew it."
- "It’s the edge that counts, not the shading inside."
- "Get the big shape."
More at link.
"Marquardt, through his foundation, Marquardt Beauty Analysis, has theorized that the highly visual human race has imprinted in its genetic code an archetypical image of what its fellow human beings should look like. The closer someone comes to matching that subconscious ideal of ‘humanness,’ the more positive emotional response will consciously be engendered in the viewer, and attraction will follow.”